Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Cabbages & Roses in Miniature

I am working on this new Cabbages and Roses shop , which is based on the real shop in London .
 As you can see it is still a work in progress.
 I made the outside tiles from cork and filled it with concrete , so it looks like real tiles .
 The cute little embroidery boxes were a gift from the wonderful Catherine Ferouelle , The cute clothing rack is a kit set I ordered from Art of Mini in Germany and it is perfect for hanging all my knitwear .

















10 comments:

  1. Hi Frederika,
    What a great project and perfect to display your amazing knitting.
    I love to see buildings painted black. So crisp and classic.
    Looking forward to seeing all your acquisitions in place.
    Regards Janine

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow! the scene is beautiful, the truth is that it's incredible, fantastic! I love and all the ... delicate ... very good job, Federica.
    Hugs :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning, such beautiful work!
    All the best
    Vivian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect accessorising. Really chic style. A lovely project.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love love love your stone work (and everything else too). After painting the cork, did you seal it with anything? I am very excited about the cork idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The color scheme of the store front is classy and looks very high end, which works well with your knit work which is also very classy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Kit and Kat Miniatures , thank you so much for you compliments and yes I did seal it with Mod Podge mat , but you can use any sealer ofcourse , when you paint the cork it already gives you that concrete look .
    hope this will help you a bit love from Frederica

    ReplyDelete
  8. This project is looking great and you have some beautiful items of furniture and accessories already. I like the dark exterior and wallpaper. The painted cork looks really effective.

    ReplyDelete